We are developing a portfolio of first-in-class gene therapies based on our proprietary nano-delivery technology.
Therapeutic Agent for Colorectal Cancer Patients with KRAS mutation
We developed a nanoliposome delivery system containing a guide RNA-cationic polymer complex that suppresses the expression of KRAS gene in colon cancer.
Cetuximab, which is currently used as a treatment for metastatic colorectal cancer, is effective only for patients with normal KRAS colorectal cancer. In addition, even if the KRAS mutation is not innate to patients, 60 to 80% of patients eventually develop the KRAS mutation due to continuous treatment of Cetuximab.
Moogene Medi's gene-editing nanoliposome delivery system has shown efficacy in treatment of KRAS mutant metastatic colorectal cancer by fundamentally suppressing the KRAS mutation at the nucleotide level.
1 Gene editing particle system as a therapeutic approach for drug-resistant colorectal cancer. Nano Research 13, 1578-1585 (2020) (learn more)
2. " NANO-LIPOSOME CARRIER COMPOSITION CONTAINING HYBRID OF Cas9 PROTEIN AND GUIDE RNA" USA, US20180193269A1 (learn more)
3. "Delivery carrier composition comprising nanoliposome encapsulating complex of Cas9 protein, guide RNA for repressing gene expression or KRAS gene and cationic polymer, or therapeutics comprising thereof for treating KRAS mutation colon cancer with anticancer drug resistance" Korea, KR 10-1796036 (learn more)
Therapeutic Agent for Androgenic Alopecia
We developed a nano liposome-microbubble to encapsulate and deliver Cas9-guide RNA complexes to suppress the expression of SRD5A2 gene as a topical treatment for hair loss.
Drugs currently used as hair loss treatment agent directly alter the systemic endocrine balance of patients, resulting in serious side effects such as loss of libido or erectile dysfunction; when the drug treatment is stopped, hair loss progresses again.
Using our nanoliposome-microbubble, we can topically target the genes of skin cells to suppress the fundamental causes of male pattern hair loss. Our results were presented at the 13th International Conference on Genomics (ICG-13), and our abstract “Topical Delivery of CRISPR/Cas9 Protein into Dermal Papilla Cells via Ultrasonic-activated Microbubble-nanoliposomal Particle” was awarded the top “Outstanding Poster Award”.
Therapeutic Agent for Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a disease in which insulin secretion function remains, but insulin resistance is relatively increased, and normal glycolysis is not achieved.
Currently, sitagliptin, a well-prescribed DPP4 inhibitor, is used, is used with side effects such as kidney toxicity and allergic reactions. The demand of its daily consumption also hinders compliance and quality of life, leading to suboptimal therapeutic outcomes.
Our novel gene editing system directly suppresses the genetic expression of DPP4, such that the body's insulin resistance is perpetually decreased, removing the need for lifetime drug consumption.
1. Lecithin nano-liposomal particle as a CRISPR/Cas9 complex delivery system for treating type 2 diabetes. J. Nanobiotechnology, 29;17(1): 19. (2019) (learn more)
2. "Nano-liposome carrier composition containing hybrid of Cas9 protein and guide RNA" USA US10363217B2 (learn more)
3. "Composition comprising delivery carrier of nano-liposome having Cas9 protein and guide RNA" Korea KR101710026B1 (learn more)
Topical Microbubble-Nanocarrier for Therapeutic Small Molecules (i.e. Finasteride)
We developed a topical microbubble that can encapsulate drug for the treatment of hair loss, such as finasterid, Minoxidil, and Dutasteride.
Since oral administration such hair loss treatments leads to various systemic side effects, drug delivery through direct scalp application is most desirable. The limitation to topical application has been that the drug itself cannot penetrate well into hair follicle cells.
Our novel topical microbubble overcomes this limitation by using the cavitation effect of microbubbles to deliver drugs directly into follicle cells. These microbubble systems may minimize the side effects and enhance skin penetration efficiency of drugs for more effective treatment androgenic alopecia.
1. "Nanoliposome-microbubble assemblies encapsulating a durg for the treatment of androgenic alopecia, and composition comprising the same for improving or treating hair loss" Korea KR 1020180069736 (learn more)
Under preliminary research. Research publications are under review and oncoming.